Probably in an attempt to be relevant and grab attention the Collins dictionary has a web site where you can submit “new” words for consideration to be added to the dictionary. Naturally most of this are created in the Net world or pop TV, but here’s a few I like:
- Awkweird – strange, uncomfortable, or bizarre
- Technosloth – A person or state in which apathy or immobility becomes intrinsic as a result of prolonged exposure to technology. An illness, a malaise of modernity or a member of technocratic societies.
- Newphoria – The pleasure of all things new. The feeling of enjoyment aroused by novelty as opposed to quality.
- lollage – use of the phrase LOL
- bamage – use of the phrase BAM
- Eurogeddon – the worst case scenario of the ongoing euro crisis
- paywall – part of a website that is restricted to paying customers only
- blamestorming – when a number of colleagues gather in a meeting format to assign blame on a different colleague for the collective colleagues’ mistakes
And here are a few of mine
- satyre – humor from the ancient city of Tyre, or humor I’m still trying to master
- antiquants – people who think they know math but don’t and make multitrillion dollar mistakes with other people’s money
- Romnevasion – to answer a question with so many answers, it’s “pick one”, or so confusing we forgot what the question was, or just change the subject and answer a completely different question the handlers gave you the answer to
- “shittydeal” – (repeated multiple times at Sen. Carl Levine’s hearings in April 2010), all Wall Street investments
- GoldmanSacked – losing your job because Goldman screwed your company with “shitty deal” or drove you out of business with excess speculation
- Geithnerd – Timmy Geithner, or other youngish-looking seemingly-smart shills for banks
- bonus – theft based on misstated earnings or short-term results that will be reversed next quarter and paid for by the public
- Barclayed – lied for individual gain, esp. huge bonuses
- FYA (Fed Your Ass) – write a memo so you can later blame someone else
- Morganed – losing huge amounts of public’s money while pumping up your bonuses
- CIO – (used to be Chief Investment Office), Criminal Idiot’s Office
- Pained – (derived from pimped and Thomas Paine), showed your ancient book of myths is inconsistent, out of chronological order, and fabulous
- Romneycare – elimination of health care for the 99% so the 1% can have it all
- taxes – optional charitable contribution
- Repuglican – the Republican party since Eisenhower
- Facebuy – the purpose of existence for Facebook
- relegion – a large group of religious right lining up in formations to blindly vote Repuglican.
That ought to be enough for now and to offend about half of the U.S.