Nothing to say really, just wanted to record a post on first day of 2013 – the first of 500 for this calendar year. Huskers managed to loss to Georgia and so far none of the bowl games have been very interesting to watch. I will predict Nebraska will be playing on or before 3Jan2014 next year and not in National Championship Game. So much for Bo’s recovery.
The cliff deal didn’t do much expect get the Repugs off the hook for having to renew tax cuts for the sorta-rich every few years, but still able to hold the economy hostile on debt ceiling, so just more gridlock and continuing decline of the U.S. as stupidity continues to reign.
My only resolution I’ll post here is <200 reached before birthday and held after that until at least next New Year’s day.
Got to figure out how to get back to Wyoming at least one more time, can’t end my experiences there on such a low note as the last trip, plus I’ll be in too good shape to not try some more backwoods hiking.
Predictions on social media:
- Facebook will continue to irritate people, have at least one “protest” over policies as they continue monetarizing everything, just barely end 2013 with more users than now as erosion will match new recruiting rates.
- Yahoo will have a brief flurry of excitement as a viable social media platform, but then fade out.
- Apple stock, relative to appropriate index, will end 2013 lower, but may perk up during the year with some hyped new thing.
- At least one new site will be all the rage for the next thing, of course, until it tries to make some money.
- Twitter will irritate people as it tries to finally figure out how to make some money and they will do something stupid and quite possibly get in trouble in some region of the world.
- China will clamp down Net access even more, possibly with some mini-crisis.
- Photosharing will hopefully peak as ENOUGH ALREADY with the gimmick filters (just take some decent photos instead)
- None of the social media companies will go public, so several will fold and a few will get sold. File sharing will never make it as a business since it will just be part of some other site.
- 50-50 whether WordPress.com will allow these free and open blogs this time next year but blogging, at standalone blogging sites, will relatively decline, since blogging is just a function (like tweeting) that can easily be integrated with other social sites.
- And hopefully the world will decide that tablets are inadequate for anything but mindless viewing and recognize authoring needs a lot more.
- There will be countless, and wrong, forecasts that Android will finally take over, and paid forecasts that Windows 8 will. Both will be wrong.
So Happy New Year to you, Dr. Reader, maybe you’ll actually exist by this time next year.